Bone Broth/Chicken stock
Updated: Apr 21, 2021
For my whole life I have thought that there was no better way to make stock than by using a pressure cooker. Well now I know that with a Thermomix I can make unbelievable broth in just 35 minutes. Because the Thermomix is so powerful it can break up the carcass and release the vitamins and minerals incredibly effectively and you get a wonderfully jellified stock.
Once you have your delicious broth you can make all those wonderful Italian dishes like Agnolotti al brodo, and Crespelle al brodo.
Feed you family little cups of nourishment when they are under the weather.
Or just enjoy it because it is delicious.
•2 cooked chicken carcasses, use just the body carcass not the leg bones as they will get stuck under the blades. Approximately 500-700g.
•1 carrot, chopped into 3cm pieces
•1 stick of celery, again in 3cm pieces
•1 brown onion, in 1/4's, no need to peel
•1 clove garlic, skin on , smashed slightly with the back of a knife
•1 Tbsp cider vinegar
•2 small tsps salt
•12 black peppercorns
•1 bay leaf
•scattering of Thyme
1. If your bones are raw then roast them in the oven for 30mins on 200°.
2. Break up the bones a little bit with your hands (easiest with rubber gloves).
3. Set the Thermomix to 4 secs/speed 6, hold tight it may jigger alarmingly.
4. Add all the other ingredients and then water up to the max mark. (boiling water from the kettle will speed things up)
5. Cook for 35 minutes/90°/speed 1
6. Strain the stock through a fine sieve and place somewhere to cool.
This stock will keep for about 5 days in the fridge or freeze for later use.